Question:
2005 NBA Draft....Marvin Williams the 2nd pick overall?
DeadCellz
2008-05-03 12:02:08 UTC
Whats up with Marvin Williams? Or should i say whats up with the Hawks for drafting him 2nd overall....passing on CP3..Deron Williams among others. I mean yeah hes been improving every year but hes not close to what he should be. It seems that every year the Hawks always screw up on drafting players. Not to mention 06. The hawks had so many chances to grab that one superstar that would be the face of the franchise and that would take them to the next level but they always draft the wrong people. Im not a Hawks fan...it just bugs me that they made this guy the 2rd overall pick and hes not close to being that.......
Nine answers:
Dr.Hoops
2008-05-03 12:20:50 UTC
To add to that, the man didnt even start at UNC.
Greatest Ever?
2008-05-03 19:17:31 UTC
Marvin Williams is a good player but picking him over CP3 and Deron Williams...wow that's terrible. Can you imagine CP3 on the Atlanta Hawks with Childress, Horford, Johnson, and Smith? I'm pretty sure Smith could average 3 dunks a game with Paul feeding him.
2008-05-03 19:09:18 UTC
When I found that out yesterday I was astonished. You expect a 2nd pick to be one of your top players, dont get me wrong williams is good, but he's more of a role player. They could've invested in CP3, Deron Williams, heck, even Monta Ellis, the best 2nd rounder I have seen other than Gilbert Arenas. But the Hawks do have future all-star Josh Smith who is only 21 and Joe Johnson, established all-star
morganito17
2008-05-03 19:28:07 UTC
Give the kid a break. He's the youngest of all the players you just named and he's starting to come around. You can't knock him for not starting on the best team in college basketball when he was a freshman. He would have started on Wake Forest or Illinois. He's a good player on a team that is starting to look pretty solid. Anyways, it's all about winning. Come back once one of the guys drafted behind him has led his team to a championship or two. Then we can talk about the stupid mover of drafting Marvin Williams before that player.
kyng102
2008-05-03 19:41:00 UTC
u cant blame the hawks they had no ide that williams and pual would turn out that good and williams so decent but in the long fu it pays cuz they got a good back up for smith but i guess having UNC next to your name ups ur draft stock
N3L[[DORK]]
2008-05-03 19:12:01 UTC
Good College Player.

Period, end of story.
JoeSenz
2008-05-03 19:05:30 UTC
That about how bad it is for Hawks fans...x.x

If we did get him, wed be dominate, its cause are retarded GM....
Penguins = Stanley Cup
2008-05-03 19:05:49 UTC
Do people still watch the NBA?.....huh I thought ping pong had been getting better ratings

Take b-ball off the air and put the hockey games on
2008-05-03 19:04:32 UTC
yeah

i agree