Question:
How far will the new jersey nets go in the playoffs?
quatu
2006-04-04 20:09:41 UTC
How far will the new jersey nets go in the playoffs?
Eight answers:
filipinoghettoman
2006-04-04 21:14:50 UTC
At this point, they have potential to do great things in the NBA playoffs, I felt at the beginning of the season that they would have a great chance to upset the heat as a 6th or 7th seed, and now that looks very possible. They are playing at their apex right now, and could carry that streak into the playoffs. They are better than every team in the east besides miami and detroit, and can play with miami. They also took care of detroit convincingly a few games ago, and historically they have played well against the pistons. When the pistons were a pure defensive stalwart, they stifled the nets, but now with a more offensive tone to their team, the nets have a better chance at dominating the pistons. In fact, I think the nets match up better with the pistons than the heat. Who knows what happens if they do reach the NBA finals, if they meet the spurs, the spurs could very well fatigued by that point, or have a hurting tim duncan. One other point about the nets everyone should realize is that they are a very good defensive team, which always is a plus in the playoffs. They could end up anywhere from the 2nd round to winning it all in my opinion.
rwerfelman
2006-04-04 20:23:10 UTC
The Nets are playing very good right now, it's about time too. Carter, Kidd, Jefferson, Kristic, are all doing good. They need a defensive type center that can get boards and play defense in the post. They need a banger. The nets should get past the first round without too much problems. The 2nd round, they would play the Heat, the good news is, they's beat them 3 out of 4 times this season. They play the Heat very well and actually stand a chance on beating them. Now the bed news is, if they did beat the Heat they would have to play the Pistons, and they don't stand a chance beating them. Spurs and Pistons in the finals, unless someone gets hurt.
2006-04-04 20:31:58 UTC
ok, Nets fans. I live in NJ but i go to school at Howard University in DC but i have and still am a die hard NEW YORK KNICKS FAN. In the playoffs i root for the Nets until my KNicks get back. The case is they should never and i mean never have given up K-Mart. No big explosive player, its over for them. The SuNs are just as good and they will never beat the spurs and the nets can not beat the Pistons.
2016-12-07 09:29:23 UTC
The Nets have a reliable possibility at beating any team interior the eastern convention. i think of they had quite face Chicago or Cleveland interior the 1st around. Toronto's definitely out of their league now.
Wade
2006-04-04 23:07:44 UTC
Nets will lose against pistons in semi finals. Pistons will win. but if for some reason the pistons lost, the nets will win nba finals
JustLearning
2006-04-05 05:58:11 UTC
second round of the playoffs
Malcolm uses Xbox 360 Avatar
2006-04-04 20:12:23 UTC
Their winning streak keeps growing and if the Pistons beat them in the semifinals, it's over and unbeatable.
G0D
2006-04-04 20:11:55 UTC
They will go all the way back to Jesey after they get ousted in the second round.